(in no specific order)
1. There is nothing more precious in life than family. No matter how annoying they can be.
2. Romantic gestures in books often do not translate well into reality.
3. There are some people out there who will always be users. They'll be your friend only when they want something and only if it's convenient to them.
4.You will never be able to make everyone happy. So just focus on you first.
5.Acquaintances are easy to come by, best friends are not, so hold on to them with everything you have!
6. When in doubt, don't.
7. ALWAYS go with your gut. Sometimes your instincts know more than your brain does.
8. A pint of Ben and Jerry's really can cure almost any emotional ailment, as well as some physical ones.
9. It really is okay if you're not like everyone else. And on the reverse side, don't go out of your way to be different, it's not necessary and it's usually obnoxious.
10. Late night (or rather very early morning) conversations with friends are always the most entertaining. Especially when exhaustion filled giggling sets in.
11. You can't change ANYONE. You can only change yourself. So learn to adapt.
12. Reading a good fiction book is the best way to escape reality for a little while. It also helps your vocabulary in the long run.
13. Nothing is black and white, even though it is very easy to convince yourself that it is.
14. You'll never know every side to the story, so sometimes you just need to let it go and give others the benefit of the doubt.
15. Being angry with someone won't affect the person you're angry at as much as it will affect you.
16. Listening to sad music when you're already sad is never a good idea, but we all do it anyway.
17. Most people are not going to think the same way you do, so no matter how sure you are of the side you're arguing for, the person you're arguing against is just as sure of their own side. Therefore technically, you're both going to be wrong in the end.
18. An apple a day keeps the doctor away is false. Not that I eat an apple a day. Instinctively I just feel that this is false. ;)
19. The more you try to make someone like you, the less chance there is of them actually liking you. Just be yourself, seriously.
20. If someone is meant to be in your life, they will be. And if they choose not to, it's their loss!