The Inadequacy of Ease and Necessary Changes

It is so incredibly easy to be sad. It is easy to sit around and feel sorry for yourself. It is easy to blame others for the negatives in your own life. It is easy to quit when things get hard. It's easy to play the victim. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on if your glass is half full or half empty, the easy way is usually the wrong, childish, and uninteresting way. It's a very hard lesson to learn, one that I am still trying to absorb into my thick skull.

"Every easy choice will have it's consequence tomorrow." -Doubt

If you don't like your circumstances, change them. If you hate worrying about something, stop. Put your faith into your higher power and believe that everything will work out. I'm not saying to sit back and let it be, this will require some action on your part, action that isn't always easy. But I am saying to try your best and at the end of the day know that you've done all you can, and whatever comes your way you'll be able to handle with dignity and strength. There are few things in my life that have actually required stress and yet I feel like I'm stressed all the time! It shouldn't be like that. I, and most of my close family and friends, are incredibly privileged. So why is it we sweat the small stuff? We all strive for happiness in our lives and yet we allow the small bits of negativity to bring us down the first sign that things aren't going according to plan. OUR plan... but it isn't our plan that matters. It's God's. As long as we're doing the best we can and making the best possible decisions in our day to day lives, the rest will work itself out.

“We are mysterious creatures, aren't we? And at the end so much of it turns out not to matter.” -The Evening

Don't be the victim. Don't feel sorry for yourself. Make changes and have Faith. Our life here on earth is short. Make it count.

[[follow me on Instagram]]

Comments