Handing Over My Gavel

I wish I could let things go. Unfortunately I tend to fight to the death, especially when the person I'm fighting refuses to see reality. This usually leaves both me and my opponent in quite a state.
I just can't stand ignorance and selfishness, and having those qualities thrown in my face tends to make me furious. 
The problem with this is that even when I am right, I'll never actually win the argument, because my equally stubborn opponent will never get it. As cliche as it sounds, regardless of who is right (...me...), no one wins in a verbal fight where both sides refuse to see the other's perspective. It only ends with disappointment and anger for both parties. 

“Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold on to the word of life.”  Philippians 2:14 -16

In reality it is so much easier to let it go and move on than it is to hold in so much anger and resentment. You can't change other people. YOU CAN'T CHANGE OTHER PEOPLE. YOU CAN'T CHANGE OTHER PEOPLE. That is probably one of the hardest lessons to learn in life. One that I forget, daily.  I'm so quick to think I have to stand up for myself and fight back, when in reality I don't have to prove anything to anyone but God. & He knows whats in my heart. He knows what is right and what is wrong. He can be the judge. I'm stepping down.


Stunning image courtesy of xfact

Comments