Contagious Text Message Happiness

There are a lot of things that can bring a smile to my face, a lot! But probably the randomest thing is seeing other people smile when they're reading a text message. And not even people I know! Just random people I see on campus. I don't know what it is, but I just love it! It makes me want to know who they're talking to, a best friend, a parent, a significant other? We all know that feeling, grinning like an idiot at your phone, not caring that no one else knows why you're smiling. A lot of people claim that text messaging is impersonal, and I guess to some extent it can be, but for the most part, I have to disagree. I don't know about you, but when I receive a text message, especially from someone I love hearing from, I just feel special. And that's kind of stupid, I realize. But getting a text message is today's equivalent of getting a letter in the mail. Though less eloquent and usually very incorrectly spelled and punctuated, it can hold just as much meaning.So I think that's part of the reason it makes me smile, because I totally know that feeling! So if you ever have a few free minutes, text someone for no reason! It just might bring a smile to their face. <3

Comments